Tell us your story. Don’t go unnoticed. Explain why you’re a winning candidate. Think “TD” if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here’s our story: jobs.td.com
TD Insurance is part of TD Bank Group, one of Canada’s largest financial institutions. TD Insurance helps protect clients from the ‘accidents of life’ with a wide range of products including credit protection, life, health, travel, home and auto insurance. With more than three million clients, TD Insurance authorized products and services are available online, over the phone, and through a network of more than 1,000 TD Canada Trust branches.
In Canada, we have two lines of business, General Insurance and Life and Health. Our General Insurance business is one of the top home and auto insurance groups in Canada and the national leader in group insurance and affinity marketing. Our Life and Health business is the number one provider of critical illness insurance and direct life and health insurance in Canada.
At TD Insurance, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment. With a Canada-wide workforce of over 4,000 employees and offices in Atlantic Canada, Quebec, Ontario and Alberta, our company is always growing and can help you to grow. TD Insurance offers a stable and dynamic work environment where talent is appreciated and professional development is taken seriously. More than just a job, we offer rewarding careers.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Client Services, the Insurance Advisor, counsels individuals in regards to their auto and property insurance needs and maintains the maximum level of service for our existing clients; handles service and sales calls to ensure the maximum level of service for our clients. Shifts will vary. Each call is different and we support you to ensure your success at work. Our training programs are within the best in the industry and we help you develop your competencies through coaching.
- Responsible for achieving sales, quotes and call targets.
- Ensures quality and productivity objectives are met.
- Processes call backs, submissions and mail in a timely manner.
- Accountable for providing a high level of service to our clients.
- Flexible to perform various assigned tasks
- Promotes company features and benefits as part of ongoing portfolio reviews.
- Cross sell a variety of products at every opportunity
- Promotes client loyalty through attention to detail and relationship-building.
- Remains current on all company philosophies and procedures.
- Accepts risks within established guidelines.
- You have a strong aptitude for sales
- You have a superior client service orientation.
- You have the ability to communicate effectively with clients, both verbally and in writing.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills
- You have excellent organization and time management skills.
- You possess a professional telephone manner.
- You have demonstrated your ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment.
- You maintain a positive demeanour and foster team spirit.
- You have strong analytical and decision making abilities
- You demonstrate the ability to adapt to changing situations.
- You have excellent computer/keyboarding skills.
- Your call center and/or personal lines insurance experience would be an asset
- You have a minimum of 2 years customer service/sales/ call center and or personal lines insurance experience (an asset)
- You have a College diploma/University degree or relevant work experience
Please be advised that any individual who deals directly with the public on any property and casualty insurance transaction must be licensed. The first 2 weeks of your employment is dedicated to Studying for your Other Than Life (OTL) or your Registered Insurance Brokers of Ontario (RIBO) exam. You must receive a passing mark of 75% in order to continue to the Product Training. If you already have a valid OTL or RIBO license, individuals would be starting approximately 2 weeks later.
Applicants must be flexible to work fixed shifts Monday to Friday primarily between the hours of 12:00pm to 8:00pm, and Saturday shift between 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. (MANDATORY shifts: Monday and Saturday).
Training Schedule: Full Time Monday – Friday from 9 am to 5 pm for approximately 11 weeks in duration
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.