Wasaho Cree Nation School invites applicants for the position of Kindergarten Teacher.
Our brand new, well equipped and progressive school has 90 students.
We are seeking a candidate who:
• Is a qualified teacher;
• Follows prescribed curriculum of Ministry of Education for Ontario;
• Is committed to completing the teaching contracted year;
• Is willing to include family and community members in classroom activities;
• Is willing to implement First Nations culture into curriculum;
• Has a working knowledge of Canadian First Nations cultures and history;
• Has respect for and is sensitive to First Nations traditional values and culture;
• Has high standards and expectations for academic achievement, especially in the areas of literacy and numeracy;
• Has excellent classroom management skills and ability in utilizing positive classroom management strategies;
• Has the ability to accommodate and include special needs children by adjusting teaching styles and curriculum as required for inclusion.
• Has knowledge of new technology such as Smartboards, Chromebooks and IPads for teaching including software for teaching
• Is able to accommodate and include students with special needs by adjusting teaching styles and curriculum as required for inclusion
Please include three references, two of which are related to recent teaching experience.
Note that a clear Criminal Background Check/Vulnerable Sector Check must be provided if hired.
Applicants should be a member in good standing of the Ontario College of Teachers or an equivalent.
Applicants are asked to indicate in their cover letter why they wish to teach First Nation students.
Director of Education
Wasaho Education Authority
Fort Severn, Ontario
Tel: (807) 478-9548 ext 208
Fax: 807 478 9548 Ex. 25