Our client, a properties trust, is seeking a Junior Development Manager / Coordinator to join their team in Vancouver. They are focused on overseeing the development and construction of institutional buildings projects.
Reporting to the internal Construction Manager and indirectly to the Director of Institutional Development, the Junior Development Manager / Coordinator is responsible for three primary activities within the portfolio:
a). Tracking and coordination of design and construction contracts, and;
b). Assisting with the ongoing development and implementation of company building handover process, which starts about 8 months prior to completion and occupancy.
c). Assisting with architect selection process on major capital projects.
Key Job Elements
- The Junior Development Manager / Coordinator will be responsible for coordination and tracking of Institutional contracts, which include construction contracts such as CCDC 5 (CM contracts) as well as architectural and sub consultant contracts. Basic understanding of contracts helpful but not required, as the contracts are standard and deviations from standard contracts will be negotiated by the Development Managers. Construction contracts will be prepared by the external Construction Managers directly. The Junior Development Manager / Coordinator will work directly with the Development Managers to coordinate these documents for review, signing and distributing. These contracts are tracked on a master spreadsheet.
DEFICIENCIES AND HANDOVER OF MAJOR CAPITAL PROJECTS
- The Junior Development Manager / Coordinator will work with company’s internal Construction Manager as a team to help ensure consistency with facility turnover to the operator. As part of this, will assist with the coordination of all required equipment demonstrations and training and ensure the timely hand off of as-built drawings and maintenance manuals;
- Responsible for maintain an existing web based system to effective manage the detailed deficiency resolution process. Tracks and resolves any ongoing warranty, mechanical and electrical balancing issues that arise over the 12 months post occupancy period;
- Assist with communication on behalf of company with individual User Groups, Project Consultants, Building Operations, Secure Access, IT Services, Campus & Community Planning, Fire Prevention Services, and others as required;
- Assist the internal Construction Manager with meeting set up with above noted groups as required;
- Assist with maintaining current drawing sets for all buildings under construction;
- Offer suggestions for improvement to established procedures;
- Other tasks and duties, as assigned.
- Assist with the posting of EOI and RFP, set meetings of stakeholders, circulate proposals and score sheets, attend selection meetings and take minutes of same.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent diplomacy, public relations and negotiation skills.
- Leasing experience an asset.
- Strong ability to tactfully persist and influence to achieved desired results.
- Highly resourceful, self starter.
- Maintain confidentiality and demonstrate sound judgment and impeccable discretion at all times.
- Sense of urgency and excellent prioritization skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability in meeting changes in project scope and direction.
- Strong multi-tasking ability and organization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possess a strong team orientation and contribute to a positive work environment.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills.
- MS Excel and Word.
- University or technical degree in construction, or a related discipline.
- Some co-op experience is beneficial, but not required.
• Candidates with valid work permit preferable but exceptional overseas candidates will be considered.
Please clearly highlight relevant work experience, project overviews and project scale ($) in your resume.