Laurentian University is a public mid-sized university, and one of the two bilingual universities in Canada. The university was incorporated on March 28, 1960. It is one of Canada’s top undergraduate universities, with more than 9,600 full-time and part-time students, and small classes (average ratio of 19 students per professor) that ensure that students are treated individually and supported through their studies.
The university offers 170 study programs from bachelor to Ph.D. levels and an outstanding university setting that encourages open one-on-one dialogues, with faculty, research excellence, and academic success.
According to the Key Performance Indicators of the Ontario Ministry of Colleges and Universities, Laurentian University graduates have the highest employment rate of all universities in Ontario, as 94% of them find a job just six months after their graduation.
In order to financially support international students who wish to pursue their studies in Canada, the Laurentian University offers Academic Excellence Scholarships to outstanding students coming from any part of the world who wants to study an undergraduate, Master’s degree at the university.
- Host University: Laurentian University, Ontario.
- Host Country: Canada.
- Degree Level: Undergraduate.
- Deadline: Currently Open.
Scholarships are for students studying in open-enrolment undergraduate programs, which include: Advertisements, Science, Mathematics, Communications, Engineering, Economics, Environment, Visual Studies, Health, Humanities and Music.
Scholarship Award And Benefits:
Scholarship value depends is based on admission average, which is calculated automatically based on equivalency-adjusted GPA using the World Education Services tables:
- Students with an average of 90% to 100% will receive scholarship awards up to $60,000. In their first year, students will be awarded $15,000 and they will have to maintain their average for the award to be renewed in the subsequent years.
- Students with an average of 80% to 89.9% will receive scholarship awards up to $40,000. In their first year, students will be awarded $10,000 and they will have to maintain their average for the award to be renewed in the subsequent years.
- Students must be international students and have to pay International fees to Laurentian University.
- Students entering their first year and enrolled full-time in an undergraduate degree program at Laurentian University.
- Academic Excellence Scholarship is for students who are enrolled in any undergraduate program except Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Nursing, Sports Administration, Forensic Science, Human Kinetics, Social Work, Education, Midwifery, Radiation Therapy, Orthophonie.
- Students who are 60 years of age and receive a tuition exemption waiver are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Masters students will have to be registered full time and need a B+ average
How To Apply:
To apply for this scholarship, students will have to fill out the form that exists on the official website of Laurentian University.
Visit the official website for more information.