University College London is taking applications for the Gay Clifford Awards for Outstanding Female Students for the 2021/2022 academic session.
The Gay Clifford Awards at UCL is in place to allow female students to enrol in full-time Master’s degree programs in the departments of Economics or Philosophy. It is a known fact that through disruptive thinking, UCL has been at the forefront of solving some of the world’s biggest unsolved problems. It transforms challenges into change and was the first university in England to welcome women and students of any religion to university education.
Is it any surprise that UCL was ranked the top university in the United Kingdom for research strength in the latest Research Excellence Framework? It is clear that being a scholar at UCL affords you the chance to realise your prospect as an individual, and the skills and tools to succeed in whatever you decide to do.
Value: £10,000 (for one year)
Available to: Prospective students
Selection criteria: Academic merit
Eligible fee status: UK, Overseas
Eligible programs: All postgraduate taught in relevant departments
Additional eligibility criteria: Female students only
Worth of Gay Clifford Awards at UCL
Candidates would be delighted to know that
- There are 2 (two) awards available in 2021/22; 1 (one) in the Department of Economics and 1 (one) in the Department of Philosophy.
- The value of the scholarship is £10,000.
- The scholarship is tenable for one year only.
- The Gay Clifford Award may be held alongside other scholarships, studentships, awards, or bursaries. The value of the UCL award may be altered based on the total value of other funds obtained by the candidate.
- Scholarship recipients are obliged to inform the UCL Student Funding Office immediately of any other funding they are awarded towards their UCL Master’s degree studies, before or subsequent to the award of the Gay Clifford Award.
- The scholarship will first be applied to the recipient’s tuition fees, with any remainder payable to the recipient in three equal instalments throughout the academic year towards maintenance.
Eligibility for Gay Clifford Awards at UCL
In a similar vein, it is important to note that applicants can be from any nation, but have to fulfil the following conditions:
- identify as female; AND
- possess an offer of admission to enrol in a full-time Master’s degree program at UCL in 2021/22 in the departments of Economics, or Philosophy.
The Gay Clifford Awards is awarded on the basis of academic excellence and will be awarded upon the recommendation of an academic selection process within the relevant departments.
How to Apply for Gay Clifford Awards at UCL
Be well informed that
- Applicants do not have to submit an application for this scholarship award.
- However, if a candidate would particularly like to be given consideration for the scheme, they have to notify their academic department directly.
Before applying for funding, read the eligibility criteria carefully to make sure that you are eligible. You can find detailed eligibility information on our Scholarship finder, the scheme webpage and on the specific funding scheme application form. If you do not fulfil the eligibility conditions, you cannot be given consideration for the funding.
For majority of the funding schemes, you will be required to possess an offer of admission to UCL or be registered for the applicable academic session, as stated in the funding scheme criteria.
If applications are submitted through their online portal, then applicants will receive a confirmation email when they have submitted an application. Please note that they are unable to confirm receipt of applications that are supplied to them via email or hard copy.
Successful applicants will be chosen by academic departments based on their admission application form and will be notified in June/July 2021.