University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship award program is presently open.The University of Saskatchewan is excited to award the International Graduate Scholarship award to candidates who wish to begin a Masters and PhD degree program at the University.
University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship is very competitive and accessible to international scholars with excellent in academic performance. The candidate is required to have a minimum of 80% average as a returning student or entrance average as a potential student.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): University of Saskatchewan, Canada
Scholarship awards location: University of Saskatchewan, Canada
Scholarship Type: Educational fund
Scholarship level: Masters & PhD
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
Benefits of University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship
PhD: $20,000, Master’s Thesis: $16,000
University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship – Details
All University Graduate Scholarship awards (UGS) beneficiaries have to be full-time, fully-qualified candidates who are either continuing their program or are in the process of being granted admission into a graduate degree study. Candidates have to be in the initial 36 months of a Master’s degree program or the initial 48 months of a Doctoral degree study to apply for or possess a UGS. Candidates are required to have a minimum of 80% average as a continuing student or entrance average as a potential student.
Eligibility for University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship
Applicants are expected to fulfill the eligibility criteria below for the University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship;
- Candidates must be international students.
- Scholars admitted into masters and PhD degree program.
- The grant is available for masters & PhD students in various courses offered at the University.
- Other factors like community service, leadership skills, and levels of passion will also be put into consideration.
- Based on academic merit
- The applicant must be registered or continuing in a graduate degree program or have been recommended for admission to a graduate degree program in the College of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies at the University of Saskatchewan.
- The candidates should have a minimum of 80% average as a continuing candidate or entrance average as a prospective candidate. When deciding eligibility, only full terms (not partial terms) are used to get a minimum of 60 credit units on which to calculate the candidate’s GPA. Programs with grades of Pass, Credit, etc. are not added when calculating the candidate’s GPA (http://www.usask.ca/cgps/admissions/admissionsprocess.php#Calculatingadmissionaverage).
- Master’s candidates are qualified to hold up to at most two years of university graduate scholarship award in the first three years of their graduate study. Master’s candidates cannot possess a UGS beyond the 36th month of their graduate study.
- PhD candidates are qualified to hold up to at most three years of university graduate scholarship award funding in the initial four years of their study. PhD candidates cannot hold a UGS beyond the 48th month of their graduate study.
- Applicants must have an offer for a full-time program at University of Saskatchewan, Canada.
- English Language Criteria: Candidates are required to provide proof of meeting the University of Saskatchewan’s minimum English language proficiency criteria.
Eligible Programs: University of Saskatchewan provides Graduate Scholarship awards to candidates in the following departments/units:
- Art & Art History
- Curriculum Studies
- Education – cross-departmental PhD program
- Indigenous Studies
- Languages, Literatures, & Cultural Studies
- Large Animal Clinical Sciences
- Linguistics & Religious Studies
- Small Animal Clinical Sciences
- Veterinary Pathology
- Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies
University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship – How to Apply
Candidates admitted by University of Saskatchewan for Graduate Scholarship award for masters and PhD programs with an admission average of 80% are needed to fill out the application form.
Document Requirement: All information must be typed. Add photocopies of official transcripts from all post-secondary schools that you have enrolled. You have to make arrangements for two reference letters from individuals familiar with your academic work. The letters have to be sealed and handed in directly by the department or referral to the College of Graduate & Postdoctoral programs.
Application Deadline: February 22, 2021
Visit the Official website for further details on University of Saskatchewan Graduate Scholarship.