The Public Service of Canada is committed to building a skilled, diverse and inclusive workforce that reflects Canadian society.
They promote employment equity and, while voluntary, they encourage you to indicate on your application if you are a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.
Location: Across Canada
Job type: Full-time or part-time
Salary: $15.40 – $27.73 per hour
Number of jobs: 40 (approximately)
Contact information: FIStudents@tbs-sct.gc.ca
The Government of Canada (GC) believes in giving young minds the opportunity to explore. The innovation, diversity and high energy that you’ll bring are key to a thriving career in the Canada.
Plus, you’ll benefit from work-life balance, competitive salaries, and ample development opportunities that can lead to future employment.
• Eligibility for this program is based on these 3 requirements:
• You are a full-time high school, CEGEP, college or university student
• You are returning to full-time studies in the next academic year
• You meet the minimum age requirement in the province/territory of work
This includes students with physical or emotional disabilities deemed to have full-time status by their academic institution.
Adult students registered in education and retraining programs at the secondary level may also be eligible for student employment programs.
Students who are in their final year of academic study and who are not intending to return to full-time studies are eligible to work part-time up until the time they graduate.
Post-secondary students who are studying in one of the following fields:
• Business Administration
Managers will be requesting students as early as June.
Benefits of The Job
• Competitive salaries and work-life balance
• Professional development opportunities
• Practical and diverse work experience
• Networking opportunities with peers and mentors in the financial management community
• Possibility of future employment and development program opportunities that will support you in the pursuit of the Chartered Professional Accounting designation
Note: Students may be eligible for full-time employment and inclusion in an entry-level development program upon graduation.
As a student financial analyst with the Government of Canada, you have the opportunity to develop your career with an employer invested in your success.
As a Student Financial Analyst, you will work within the financial management function of a department or agency in one of the following areas:
• Financial planning and analysis
• Financial reporting
• Internal resource management
• Financial advisory services
• Accounting operations
• Financial systems
• Financial policy
• Internal controls
The positions are part-time during academic terms and part-time or full-time during non-academic terms. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens who meet the job requirements.
CLOSING DATE: December 20, 2021
● Apply now