A Delivery Driver, or Courier, is responsible for delivering products to customers, like groceries, take-out or mail. Their main duties include driving a delivery vehicle, delivering items in a timely manner, and communicating with both customers and the central dispatch unit. Here are some tips to writing an effective Delivery Driver job description that will attract the top candidates.
- Location2333 – 119 Avenue, ne
Edmonton, ABT6S 1A9
- Salary$$23.00HOUR hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
- Terms of employmentTerm or contract
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
No degree, certificate or diploma
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Transport and handle dangerous goods; Load and unload goods; Use maps and other trip planning aids; Record trip information such as vehicle mileage, fuel costs and any problems; Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle; Operate and drive automobiles, vans and light trucks to pick up and deliver various items and products
- Additional Skills
- Professionalism in customer service
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Transportation/Travel Experience
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?; Are you available for the advertised start date?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Job reference number
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience