- Installs and repairs electrical wiring, systems, and fixtures in buildings.
- Installs conduits and pipes to house electrical wires and cables.
- Ensures piping complies with electrical codes.
- Installs circuit breakers and other electrical hardware and connects wiring to them.
- Connects electrical systems to powerlines to provide electricity to the building.
- Tests electrical systems to ensure proper installation and operation.
- Inspects electrical systems to determine whether repairs are needed.
- Replaces conduit and wiring as needed.
- Replaces circuit breakers as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Location234 Des grands-pics
Saint-Colomban, QCJ5K 0H7On the road job
- Salary$$20.00 to $38.00HOUR hourly for 20 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
Part time leading to full time
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Electrician Trade Certification
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Troubleshoot and isolate faults; Test and measure voltage, loads, ground faults integrity of circuits; Splice, join and connect wires; Renovate electrical systems in residential and commercial structures; Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications; Install, replace and repair electrical controls and panel boxes; Install power generation, stand-by power generation and power conditioning systems; Install surface mount and/or overhead cables; Install underground wiring and cables; Conduct preventive maintenance programs; Connect power to audio and visual equipment; Ground and bond electrical equipment, systems and structures including swimming pools and hot tubs
- Major Work Area
- Service; Repair; Maintenance; Installation; Construction; Troubleshooting/diagnostic
- Additional Skills
- Professionalism in customer service
- Work Setting
- Residential; Commercial
- Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Steel-toed safety boots
- Work Site Environment
- Confined spaces; Outdoors; At heights; Dusty; Hot
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation; Valid driver’s licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding; Attention to detail
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Judgement; Organized
- Workplace information
- On the road job
- Screening questions
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Are you available for shift or on-call work?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?; Are you available for the advertised start date?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
450-543-0124 Between 07:00 AM and 06:00 PM