Counter attendants welcome customers into establishments, show them to their seats, and assist with any requests customers may have. Counter attendants take orders over a counter in coffee shops, cafeterias, and restaurants. They explain the menu, serve food and drinks, or wrap them up for takeaways.
Counter Attendant Responsibilities:
- Greeting customers as they arrive and making them feel welcome.
- Directing customers to their seats and the restroom, answering questions about the menu, and making note of special requests, if required.
- Serving food to diners from a counter or, if seated, taking their orders.
- Communicating food and drink orders to the kitchen staff.
- Assembling and packaging takeaway orders.
- Maintaining cleanliness standards by keeping the counters, tableware, and utensils clean.
- Replenishing food supplies when required.
- Presenting customers with the bill and processing payments.
- Complying with company policies.
- LocationVancouver, BC
- Salary $15.30HOUR hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Counter Attendant and Food Preparer Skills
- Use manual and electrical appliances to clean, peel, slice and trim foodstuffs
- Take customers’ orders
- Stock refrigerators and salad bars
- Serve customers at counters or buffet tables
- Portion and wrap foods
- Package take-out food
- Keep records of the quantities of food used
- Prepare, heat and finish simple food items
- Equipment and Machinery Experience
- Electronic cash register
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Food Service Helpers Specific Skills
- Replenish condiments and other supplies at tables and serving areas
- Clear and clean tables, trays and chairs
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Standing for extended periods;
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Team player; Client focus;
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply