A top-class yard worker uses their horticulture knowledge and landscaping skills to ensure grounds are always neat, healthy, and aesthetically pleasing.
Landscapers build and maintain gardens, parks, golf courses and other landscaped areas.
They are employed by landscape designers and contractors, lawn service establishments, golf courses, nurseries and greenhouses, as well as by municipal, provincial and national parks. They may also be self-employed.
Yard Worker Responsibilities:
- Applying fertilisers to the soil and pesticides to the flowering plants.
- Identifying and extracting weeds.
- Mowing the grass with push and ride-on mowers.
- Trimming bushes, small trees, and shrubs.
- Meeting with company managers to discuss landscaping themes.
- Assessing the health of the soil, grass, trees, and general grounds.
- Inspecting and maintaining the irrigation system.
- Day, Evening, Weekend, Overtime, Early Morning, Morning
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- vacancies2 vacancies
- Location Abbotsford, BC
- Salary$$26.50HOUR hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Client focus; Reliability; Organised
- Landscape and Horticulture Technicians and Specialists Specific Skills
- Manage landscaping projects; Examine trees and shrubs to diagnose problems and disease; Apply various treatments such as pruning, spraying, repairing damaged areas and injecting with treatment solutions; Plant and move trees; Apply fertilisers, fungicides, herbicides, pesticides and other lawn care products; Plan and co-ordinate the growth and use of plants for landscaping, ornamental uses and other purposes; Plan and construct landscaped environments which may include trees, shrubberies, lawns, fences, decks, patios and other landscape structures; Plant and maintain private and public lawns and gardens; Assess the health of lawns
1 year to less than 2 years
- Additional Skills
- Estimate costs; Water and tend to plants, lawns and/or gardens
- Work Site Environment
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
How to apply