Job In Canada
Painter Needed in Canada by Aquastop Contracting Ltd.
A Painter is a professional who helps prepare surfaces, mix paints for different needs, and apply them with brushes or rollers to fill in cracks or apply color on walls and other objects around a home, such as furniture pieces or doors.
Painter responsibilities include:
- Reading blueprints/instructions and examining surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Making on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Preparing walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
We are looking for a skilled Painter to paint the interior and exterior of structures, buildings and other surfaces. Your job will be important since good painting has both practical and aesthetic benefits.
An excellent painter is knowledgeable in selecting the right material for their job. They have experience in painting with various tools and in various heights and spaces while observing all safety measures. They must be reliable and deft as well as possess great attention to detail in completing their duties.
The goal is to deliver high-quality painting work.
- Location: 358 Keith Road WestNorth Vancouver, BCV7M 1M1On the road job
- Salary: 27.00 to 30.00 hourlyfor 40 hours per 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employmentFull time
- Day, Morning
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies 2
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
1 to less than 7 months
On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
- Read blueprints/instructions and examine surfaces to determine the kind and amount of work necessary
- Make on-site preparations such as building scaffolding, covering fixtures etc.
- Prepare walls and other surfaces for painting by scraping, using sandpaper, removing old paint etc.
- Fill cracks and holes with appropriate material (e.g. plaster)
- Mix paint and other materials to prepare the right color or texture
- Paint surfaces according to instructions with various tools
- Apply varnish and other finishes
- Calculate costs and negotiate prices
- Take and adhere to all health and safety precautions
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as a painter
- Excellent knowledge of painting material and how to select, mix and apply them
- Solid knowledge of commercial and/or construction painting techniques
- Aptitude in using appropriate tools (brushes, caulking guns etc.)
- Good basic math skills
- Manual dexterity with excellent balance to work on scaffolding, ladders etc.
- Conscientious with great attention to detail
- High school diploma; successful completion of an apprenticeship
- Prepare, clean and sand surfaces to be painted
- Mix paint to desired colour and texture
- Advise consumers on colours and choice of wall coverings
- Erect scaffolding and swing stages and attach rigging
- Apply paint, wallpaper and other materials and finishes to interior and exterior surfaces
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen, a permanent or a temporary resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
358 Keith Road WestNorth Vancouver, BCV7M 1M1
Frequently asked questions
What does a Painter do?
Painters apply paint, stain, and coatings to walls or ceilings. Although their duties are relatively direct, they need to be precise and efficient in their work. They work indoors in buildings and outdoors on structures like bridges.
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Painter?
A Painter applies various finishes to buildings, rooms, or other structures, including primers and sealers. They are responsible for preparing the job site by cleaning it up. They may also tape off any open areas containing harmful substances like bleach solution before they start working.
What makes a Good Painter?
A good Painter should be precise, efficient, and versatile in their work, as they work with various requests and deadlines, making no two jobs the same. Due to these multiple tasks, Painters need to be good listeners and adhere to any feedback.
Who does a Painter work with?
Although often working alone, Painters may interact with General Laborers who assist in building a structure that is being painted. Therefore, a painter needs to communicate with these workers to ensure they work together efficiently.