- Reading and interpreting blueprints to assess or plan plumbing installations and layouts.
- Installing, maintaining and repairing plumbing systems and fixtures.
- Fitting and repairing various household appliances.
- Cutting, welding and assembling pipes, tubes, fittings, and fixtures.
- Inspecting and testing plumbing systems for safety, functionality, and code compliance.
- Handling customer queries and responding to call outs.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Preparing cost estimates.
- Location2045 20th Ave E,
Owen Sound, ONN4K 0G8
- Salary$$30.00 to $35.00HOUR hourly for 44 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Plumber Trade Certification; Working at heights training
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing; Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size; Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems; Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems; Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors; Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings; Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment; Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Additional Skills
- Instruct apprentices
- Work Setting
- Security and Safety
- Bondable; Driving record check (abstract)
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Tools; Steel-toed safety boots; Hard hat
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Valid driver’s licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding; Hand-eye co-ordination; Bending, crouching, kneeling; Overtime required
- Ability to Supervise
- 1 to 2 people
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Judgement
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Disability benefits; Dental plan; Vision care benefits; Paramedical services coverage
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits; Life insurance; Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP); Other benefits; Tax-free savings account (TFSA)
- Other benefits
- Team building opportunities; Travel insurance; Wellness program
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
Health care plan, Disability benefits, Dental plan, Vision care benefits, Paramedical services coverage
Team building opportunities, Travel insurance, Wellness program
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP), Other benefits, Tax-free savings account (TFSA)
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Copy of portfolio or relevant work examples