A retail manager’s role is to run a store successfully. Working on the shop floor, they are in constant contact with their customers and staff. They are responsible for ensuring their staff give great customer service as well as monitoring the financial performance of the store.
- LocationMerritt, BC
- Salary$$32.25HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
Typical responsibilities of the job include:
- recruiting, training, supervising and appraising staff
- managing budgets
- maintaining statistical and financial records
- dealing with customer queries and complaints
- overseeing pricing and stock control
- maximising profitability and setting/meeting sales targets, including motivating staff to do so
- ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- preparing promotional materials and displays
- liaising with head office.
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Implement price and credits policies; Develop and implement marketing strategies; Determine merchandise and services to be sold; Determine staffing requirements; Manage staff and assign duties; Locate, select and procure merchandise for resale; Plan budgets and monitor revenues and expenses; Resolve problems that arise, such as customer complaints and supply shortages; Recruit, hire and supervise staff and/or volunteers; Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Personal Suitability
- Excellent oral communication; Organized; Efficiency
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
3623 Dwolf Way suite 3