A Security Guard, or Security Officer, is responsible for protecting a person, organization or asset in the case of an incident. Their duties include monitoring a specific area, evicting trespassers and writing reports detailing any occurrences during their shift.
- LocationMississauga, ON
- Salary$$25.00HOUR hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Day, Evening, Night, Weekend, Shift, Overtime, On Call, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- vacancies1 vacancy
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Security Guard License
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Resolve work related problems; Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies; Prepare and submit progress and other reports; Handle emergency situations; Establish work schedules and procedures; Ensure smooth operation of computer equipment and machinery; Co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments; Assist clients/guests with special needs; Train staff/workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies; Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule (and possibly review) activities of workers
- Area of Specialization
- Security and surveillance system
- Work Setting
- Security guard agency
- Workers Supervised
- Security guards
- Security and Safety
- Driver’s validity licence check; Basic security clearance
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; Wet/damp; Noisy; Hot; Cold/refrigerated
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own vehicle; Valid driver’s licence
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Standing for extended periods
- Ability to Supervise
- 16-20 people
- Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate; Relocation costs not covered by employer
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Client focus; Judgement; Reliability; Organized
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Are you willing to relocate for this position?; What is the highest level of study you have completed?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Do you have the necessary equipment for remote work (i.e. internet, home office, etc.)?
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Cover letter