Social workers are the key to succeeding in this role is the ability to stay calm and empathise with clients when they are upset. You should also be aware of others’ reactions and understand why they react as they do.
- Location487, Boul. St Joseph
Roberval, QCG8H 2K5
- Salary$$15.25HOUR hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employmentSeasonal employment
- Start dateStarts as soon as 2022-05-30
- vacancies2 vacancies
or equivalent experience
Social Worker Responsibilities:
- Contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports.
- Participating in training, supervision, and meetings.
- Watch for signs of child abuse.
- Provide crisis intervention.
- Assisting clients in receiving services by telephone and in person.
- Getting clients involved in beneficial activities.
- Assessing clients and gathering relevant information.
- Offering information and supporting clients and their families.
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own vehicle; Valid driver’s licence
- Work Location Information
- Rural area; Urban area
- Personal Suitability
- Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus; Interpersonal awareness; Judgement; Values and ethics; Reliability; Organised
- Student status
- Full time enrolment
- Specific Skills
- Interview clients to assess their situation and determine the types of services required and eligibility
- Work Setting
- Community service organisation
- Target Audience
- Adolescents; Minority group; Children; Females; Males
- Security and Safety
- Criminal record check