Examine clothing, textile, fabric, fur, and leather products to ensure compliance with established standards. Check and sort animal hides, furs, and leather according to size, condition, and weight. Check the size or fit of a garment by placing it on a form or measuring it. Repair minor defects on garments.
Job Responsibilities of Inline Quality Inspector of Garments
The Job Responsibilities of Inline Quality Inspector are:
- Check the complete operations necessary for passing a new style.
- Must keep a measuring tape, specs sheets, Alter stickers and inline reports during the inline checking.
- Make sure either all terms are available or not.
- Make sure cleanliness of the machines
- If any needle is making holes then must change it and use the needle according to the requirement of the garment.
- Point out the damaged (out of order) machines and try to make in order
- Otherwise, take the machine out of flow or mark it as (out of order).
- Check the sewing thread shades according to PPC file and matching.
- Must check the garments that either these are according to quality standards after the maintenance of machines.
- Confirm the trims attachments are passed e.g. Collar cuff, tapes, buttons, labels Placket, and sleeves, etc.
- Must Check and confirm the proper placement of HTL labels, pockets and printing or embroidery.
- Check all the bundles in this manner that 100% of every bundle must be checked.
- Confirm the stitching alterations must be done right after QC inspection.
- Sign the bundles’ barcode after completion.
- During inline inspection If continues fault immediately inform to production /quality supervisor to take corrective action urgently.
- An inline inspector must check the most highlighted area (fault) according to the QC supervisor instructions and must check the computer number of the operator at the back of barcode before sign it.
Tools Required by Inline Inspector
- Appropriate inspection table/area with appropriate lighting
- Approved Sample / Sewing Reference Garment
- Stitch Counter 4-SAM sheet
- PPC file
- Trims card
- Reporting page
- Measuring Tape
- Faults’ sticker
- SAM sheet
- PPC file
- LocationGranby, QC
- Salary$$20.08HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
23:00 to 07:00
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits, Financial benefits
English or French
No degree, certificate or diploma
- Specific Skills
- Package products; Mark defects; Inspect finished and pre-finished products; Grade products; Examine fabric or products for conformity to quality standards
- Work Setting
- Textile manufacturer
- Textile Products for Inspection, Grading or Sampling
- Textile products
- Work Site Environment
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Repetitive tasks; Attention to detail; Hand-eye co-ordination; Ability to distinguish between colours; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Overtime required
- Work Location Information
- Willing to relocate
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Reliability; Organized
- Health benefits
- Health care plan; Disability benefits
- Financial benefits
- As per collective agreement
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits; Life insurance; Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP); Long-term care insurance
- Other benefits
Health care plan, Disability benefits
Learning/training paid by employer, Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits, Life insurance, Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP), Long-term care insurance
As per collective agreement
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
Include this reference number in your application
Here is what you must include when submitting your application:
- Job reference number
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed