Truck Driver Job Responsibilities:
- Drive and operate trucks.
- Follow instructions; locate and read location and road maps.
- Pre-inspect truck.
- Pick up goods and materials, verify loads for accuracy, and deliver them as instructed.
- Load and unload cargo.
- Responsible for basic vehicle maintenance; comply with all safe work practices, policies, and processes at all times.
- Complete and verify paperwork for accuracy
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations.
- LocationKitchener, ON
- Salary$$24.00HOUR hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Flexible Hours
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits
Other trades certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
AZ class license
1 year to less than 2 years
- Specific Skills
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Documentation Knowledge
- Accident or incident reports; Maintenance and repair reports; Inspection report (pre-trip, en-route, post-trip)
- Communication Systems Experience
- Operate GPS (Global Positioning System) and other navigation equipment
- Security and Safety
- Driving record check (abstract)
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Cellular phone
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Valid driver’s licence; Drive manual transmission vehicle
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Attention to detail; Sitting
- Work Location Information
- Various locations
- Type of Trucking and Equipment
- Transportation/Travel Experience
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Reliability; Organized
- Health benefits
- Dental plan; Vision care benefits
- Long term benefits
- Group insurance benefits
- Other benefits
- Free parking available
Dental plan, Vision care benefits
Free parking available
Long term benefits
Group insurance benefits
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply