A University Registrar Plans, Organizes And Manages All Of The Activities Related To The Records And Registration Department Of A University, Including Serving As The Official Authorised Keeper Of The University’s Student Records. Their Responsibilities Include Administering of Registration, Tuition Assessment And Academic Records, And To Ensure The Confidentiality And Accuracy Of Student Records.
To be successful as a registrar, you should have excellent computer literacy with a background in student administration. Top candidates will also have an affinity for good service and a personable demean-or.
Oversees all operations in the registration process (record creation, course schedule building, classroom assignment, final exam scheduling, grade processing, transcript issuance, and student enrolment verification) • Oversees all operations in the transfer credit process and prior learning credit process (evaluation of transcripts, posting of credit, processing and building of transfer credit rules in People-soft) • Responsible for the development of the Academic Calendar, updating of the Registrar’s Office web site, and assists with the development and publication of the University Catalog. • Responsible for beginning of term processing in People-soft (building of terms and sessions, term activating students, and assigning student appointments) • Responsible for end of term processing in People-soft (repeat/replace processing, academic action processes, communication with students related to academic actions, and Dean’s List processing) • Responsible for enrolment and degree reporting to the National Student Clearinghouse • Establishes and maintains collaborative and effective working relationships with a diverse group of leaders across the University, across the University of Maine System and with peers at other universities.
- Organising and administering student records.
- Overseeing the student admissions and graduation process.
- Ensuring records are updated with new grades, attendance, finances, etc.
- Training staff at the registrar’s office to use software related to records administration.
- Performing clerical tasks, such as printing academic transcripts for students.
- Keeping student information confidential and secure.
- Participating in student service committees and initiatives.
Education: Bachelor’s degree. Experience: 3 years to less than 5 years.
- LocationEdmonton, AB
- Salary$$28.81 to $41.89HOUR hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
- vacancies1 vacancy
3 years to less than 5 years
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply