A Tire Technician is a professional who assesses tread levels and valve quality on tires, checks wear patterns to determine how much life is left in the tire before it needs replacement, and re-treads a vehicle’s tires.
- Inspecting and assessing tire tread levels, wear patterns, valve quality and overall health
- Recommending and applying appropriate repair treatment or replacement of tires
- Talking to the customer about any issues they are experiencing
- Location: Surrey, BC
- Salary: $17.90 hourly for 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for a Tire Technician to join our team to provide customers with hands-on experience with all sorts of tires, from large truck sizes right down through to light truck and car sizes.
A Tire Technician’s responsibilities include changing tires on vehicles throughout the year based on the needs of their customers.
You will also work directly with customers to understand their needs, identify the right tire for them and install the tires on their vehicle.
- Inspect tires on vehicles before and after installation
- Perform tire rotations, balancing and other maintenance tasks
- Follow all safety protocols while working in the shop
- Provide excellent customer service
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Tire Technician or similar role
- Some professional experience removing and installing tires preferred
- Team player to work with other team members
- Attention to detail to install tires properly
- Customer service-oriented to ensure customers are satisfied with their purchase
- A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Provide on-site services
- Repair and balance tires
- Team player
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply