manage the construction site on a day-to-day basis, including supervising the labour force, monitoring subcontractors, checking materials, inspecting work and overseeing quality control. ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget by setting benchmarks, agreeing budgets and monitoring progress.
- LocationSurrey, BC
- Salary$$40.50HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
As a construction manager, you’ll need to:
- plan and coordinate a project from start to finish, including organising the schedule of work, costings and budget
- plan the work and oversee the buying of necessary materials and equipment
- hire and manage staff for the project
- manage the construction site on a day-to-day basis, including supervising the labour force, monitoring subcontractors, checking materials, inspecting work and overseeing quality control
- ensure the project is delivered on time and on budget by setting benchmarks, agreeing budgets and monitoring progress
- check design documents with architects, surveyors and engineers
- promote and maintain health and safety, including site inspections to ensure safety rules are being followed
- write reports
- maintain regular communication and attend meetings with clients and their representatives to inform them of progress on the project, i.e. stakeholder management
- communicate with any consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and others involved in the project
- deal with any unexpected problems that may occur during the project.
3 years to less than 5 years
- Specific Skills
- Select trade subcontractors and co-ordinate their activities; Prepare contracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements; Prepare and submit construction project budget estimates; Plan and manage budgets; Plan and prepare construction schedules and milestones and monitor progress; Oversee the analysis of data and information; Establish and implement policies and procedures for quality control; Direct the purchase of building materials and land acquisitions; Develop and implement quality control programs; Prepare reports; Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Work under pressure; Attention to detail
- Personal Suitability
- Flexibility; Team player; Judgement; Organized
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply