We are seeking a hard-working and reliable construction worker to join our team. You will participate in a variety of construction projects and follow construction plans and instructions from the site supervisor. Although experience isn’t essential, you will have to be physically fit and a fast learner.
To be successful in this position, you will work well as part of a team, enjoy working outdoors, and be able to perform strenuous physical tasks.
Construction Worker Responsibilities:
- Preparing construction sites, materials, and tools.
- Loading and unloading of materials, tools, and equipment.
- Removing debris, garbage, and dangerous materials from sites.
- Assembling and breaking down barricades, temporary structures, and scaffolding.
- Assisting contractors, e.g. electricians and painters, as required.
- Assisting with transport and operation of heavy machinery and equipment.
- Regulating traffic and erecting traffic signs.
- Following all health and safety regulations.
- Digging holes, tunnels, and shafts.
- Mixing, pouring, and leveling concrete.
Construction Worker Job Requirements:
- No formal qualification is required, although a high school diploma may be preferred.
- Similar work experience may be beneficial.
- Licensure to work with hazardous materials may be required.
- Willingness to undertake training if necessary.
- Be mild-tempered and a team player.
- Be healthy, strong, and fit.
- LocationBurnaby, BC
- Salary$$21.00HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Day, Evening, Morning
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- Specific Skills
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites; Mix, pour and spread materials; Load, unload and transport construction materials; Erect and dismantle concrete forms, scaffolding, ramps, catwalks shoring and barricades; Assist heavy equipment operators; Assist in drilling and blasting rock on construction sites
- Own Tools/Equipment
- Tools; Steel-toed safety boots; Hard hat; Safety glasses/goggles; Safety vest
- Work Site Environment
- Outdoors; At heights
- Transportation/Travel Information
- Own transportation
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Construction workers (also known as construction laborers) work on construction sites. They are responsible for a number of on-site tasks, such as removing debris, erecting scaffolding, loading and unloading building materials, and assisting with operating heavy equipment.
Who can apply to this job?
Only apply to this job if:
- You are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- You have a valid Canadian work permit.
If you are not authorized to work in Canada, do not apply. The employer will not respond to your application.
How to apply
3936 SOUTHWOOD STREET